Indoor Environmental Health Assessors at JMS: Helping Child Care Centers in New Jersey

Posted on May 18th, 2020

Kids playing with a puzzle in an education center

Kids playing with a puzzle in an education center

Due to the various regulatory agencies involved in the Child Care Center (CCC) and Educational Facility (EF) licensing process, it can be confusing and overwhelming to navigate the requirements. As a licensed Indoor Environmental Consultant with the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH), JM Sorge, Inc. (JMS) has over 10 years of experience performing indoor air quality assessments at CCCs and EFs throughout New Jersey.  We have three (3) Project Managers and three (3) Senior Managers registered with the NJDEP as General Indoor Environmental Health Assessors.

The Indoor Environmental Health Assessment is just one of the components required for CCC/EF licensure per the Manual of Requirements for Child Care Centers. The Manual requires an applicant to address many things, including radon gas, lead paint, site contamination, an IEHA, the facility water supply, a safe building interior, and asbestos.

Through collaboration with the NJDEP and other licensing agencies, JMS has helped dozens of Child Care Centers and Educational Facility owners obtain and maintain their licenses to meet the requirements of The Manual. JMS is also highly qualified and experienced in completing Preliminary Assessments and Site Investigations required for childcare licensure.

Please contact us at 908-218-0066 or for a Child Care Center/Educational Facility environmental evaluation.

Timothy J. Dempsey, P.G.

Project Manager

Get In Touch