Join the JM Sorge Senior Engineer at Build Expo NY on October 22, 9:30-11:00 a.m., as he discusses Understanding Vapor Intrusion & Commercial Development.
The financial opportunities presented by development of contaminated properties are significant yet also pose significant challenges. Incentives such as grant money can be completely offset by the costs and requirements of brownfields redevelopment and other types of remediation at contaminated sites.
In his seminar, Jim Vander Vliet will explore the vapor intrusion pathway and the implications on new and existing construction. Evaluation and mitigation costs will be explored through the following topics:
- NY’s approach to Vapor Intrusion Pathway
- DEC Program Policy
- DOH Guidance for Evaluating Soil Vapor Intrusion in the State of NY
- New EPA Risk Based Screening Levels and possible implications
- Status of EPA VI guidance (due out in 2013)
- Mitigation options – Sub-slab Depressurization Systems, Soil Vapor Extraction (SVE), Vapor Barriers
Build Expo connects buyers, suppliers, manufacturers, and service providers in a face-to-face environment creating new connections, learning about new techniques and gaining valuable knowledge.