In order to qualify for an extension, the remediating party must apply for the extension by March 7, 2014 and certify that the following conditions have been met:
- An LSRP has been retained
- Mandatory remediation requirements have been met at the time of certification
- The following documents have been submitted
- a. Initial receptor evaluation
- b. immediate environmental concern source control report,
- c. light non-aqueous phase liquid interim remedial measure report,
- d. preliminary assessment report,
- e. and site investigation report;
- A remediation funding source has been established if required
- If a remediation funding source is not required to be established by the applicant pursuant to law, then a remediation trust fund for the estimated cost of the remedial investigation has been established.
- Any NJDEP oversight costs have been paid
- Annual fees have been paid
The department may undertake direct oversight of a remediation if, at any time during the extension of time these conditions are no longer met.
If you have a site that is out of compliance or potentially subject to this deadline, please contact us to confidentially discuss your case specifics so that we can develop a strategic approach to meeting the regulatory requirements for your project.